Prof. Dr. med. Christian Manegold
Former head of thoracic oncology at interdisciplinary Tumor Center of University Mannheim, former President of European Organization of Research and Treatment of Cancer – Lung Cancer Group (EORTC-LCCG). Former active researcher on bisphosphonates and bone metastases therapy.
- Christian Manegold, MD, studied medicine in Berlin and Heidelberg, Germany, graduating with a MD from of the Ruprecht Karls University in Heidelberg in 1974.
- He took up a residency in the pathology department of the same university in 1976 and worked in the USA for 3 years, before returning to Heidelberg in 1979.
- He gained board certification in internal medicine and in haematology/oncology in 1985 and 1986, followed by a professional appointment as Consultant in Haematology/Oncology at the Thoracic Hospital in Heidelberg, and Head of Interdisciplinary Thoracic Oncology at the Department of Surgery, Heidelberg Medical Centre Mannheim, Germany, a post he held from 2004 to 2013.
- He was appointed Professor at Ruprecht Karls University in Heidelberg in 1996.
- He has been the Senior Advisor at the Interdisciplinary Cancer Centre in Mannheim since 2013, Medical Faculty Mannheim, Heidelberg University, Germany
Professor Manegold has extensive experience as a clinical investigator, and national and international trial leader as well as a member or leader of independent data monitoring committees (IDMC) in numerous clinical trials in oncology, both in thoracic cancers and other indications.
- Professor Manegold is a member of:
- German Cancer Society
- European Society of Medical Oncology (ESMO)
- American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)
- International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer (IASLC).
- Former Chairman of the European Organisation for Research and Treatment of Cancer Lung Cancer Group (EORTC-LCG) from 2000 to 2003.
- Former Chairman of the IASLC Ethics/Sponsorship Committee from 2007 to 2009 and as member of the IASLC Board of Directors from 2011 to 2015.
Prof. Dr. med. Heike Allgayer
Professor and Head of Dept. of Experimental Surgery, Medical Faculty Mannheim, University of Heidelberg; and Centre for Biomedicine and Medical Technology Mannheim (CBTM), focusing her research on new MOAs for cancer/metastasis treatments.
Head of Department of Experimental Surgery and Cancer Metastasis at the Mannheim Medical Faculty of University of Heidelberg, Germany, Vice Director of the Centre for Biomedicine and Medical Technology (CBTM), Mannheim Medical Faculty, Ruprecht-Karls-University of Heidelberg.
- She received her MD and Dr. med. (summa cum laude) at Ludwig-Maximilians University Munich in 1995/1996,
- PhD (in molecular biology) at the University of Houston-MD Anderson Cancer Center in 1999.
- In 2017, she became elected as a Fellow of the European Academy of Cancer Sciences (EACS).
- As a board-certified surgeon and molecular biologist, she sees her mission in bridging basic research and the treatment of cancer patients as a dedicated translational researcher. Her major research interests include molecular determinants defining metastasis, microRNAs in metastasis, molecular determinants of response to novel therapeutics, metastasis prevention, translational metastasis research, and molecular staging of cancer.
- Her many well-received publications and research activities (her most cited original article currently having about 3000 citations) have received 23 scientific awards, including the Research Award of the Alfried-Krupp-von-Bohlen-und-Halbach-Foundation (one of the highest (1 million Euro), most prestigious and competitive research awards in Germany), the Langenbeck and Sauerbruch Research Award, the Young Investigator Award of the American Association of Cancer Research (AACR), and the Research Award of the Ingrid zu Solms-Foundation, for which she currently also serves as the Chair of the Fellowship of the Awardees.
- She is active member of, for example, the AACR (also serving as a member of the AACR Surgical Oncology Task Force and Program Committee for the AACR Annual Meeting 2017), ASCO, and EACR (serving as Council Member and Ambassador representing Germany there), founder of the International Meeting series on “Molecular Staging of Cancer”, Member of the EORTC Advisory Board for Translational Research, and Associate Editor of the International Journal of Cancer, amongst other editorial appointments.
Prof. Dr. med. Ulrich Büscher
Humboldt University Berlin
Active gynecologist and former deputy director of Obstetrics department at Charité University Hospital, Berlin.
1982 – 1988 Medical studies at the Freie Universität Berlin, Germany
1989 – 1996 Resident doctor at the gynecology department of the ‘Freie Universität Berlin’, later at the department of gynecology at ‘Charité of Humboldt-Universität Berlin’
1993 Phd at Freie Universität Berlin on the topic of in-vitro fertilization. Receiving the Phd award of the Werner G. Gehring-Stiftung for best thesis. (org. title: ‚Verlauf der Serumkonzentration des Humanen Choriongonadotropins bei Graviditäten nach In-Vitro-Fertilisation‘)
1996 Completed specialization for gynecology
1996 – 2002 Senior physician at Charité, from 2003 Deputy Managing Director for ‘Klinik für Geburtsmedizin an der Charité’
2001 Habilitation on the topic of infection in newborns and diagnostic test assessment (orig. title: Möglichkeiten der Infektabwehr des Neugeborenen und des Feten – Evaluierung der diagnostischen Mittel)
2002 Full Professor (C3) at Charité, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
2003 Opening of private practice
2006 – 2013 Head of department of gynecology and obstetrics at Waldfriede Hospital (Zehlendorf, Berlin)
2014 Specialist in gynecology in St. Gertrauden Hospital
Univ-Prof. Dr. med. Elmar Stickeler
RWTH University Aachen
Chairman and Director of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, RWTH Aachen University. Co-Director Comprehensive Cancer Center Freiburg (CCCF)
1986–1993 Medical studies at the RWTH Aachen, Germany
1993-1996 Internship in OB/GYN University of Ulm (Prof.Dr. R.Kreienberg)
1995 Dissertation in Medicine, RWTH Aachen (Prof. Dr.Dr.Greiling)
1996-1998 Postdoctorate, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX USA
1998-1999 Research Associate, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX USA
1999-2001 Internship in Dept.OB/GYN University of Freiburg (Prof.Dr. D.G. Kieback)
2001 Consultant physician, Dept.OB/GYN, University of Freiburg (Prof.Dr. G. Gitsch)
2003 Habilitation in OB/GYN, University of Freiburg (Prof. Dr.G. Gitsch)
2004 Deputy Chair, Dept.OB/GYN, University of Freiburg (Prof.Dr. G. Gitsch)
2006 Associate Professor in OB/GYN, University of Freiburg
2007-2011 Associate Director Interdisciplinare Care, Comprehensive Cancer Center Freiburg
2011 Head of Senology, University of Freiburg, Head of Breast Center Freiburg
2014 Co-Director Research, CCCF Freiburg
2015- Chairman, Director of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, RWTH Aachen University
2000 Presidents Award Society of gynaecological investigation (SGI)
2005 Scientific Award Commission Translation Research of the AGO
2009 Scientific Award Commission Translation Research of the AGO
2012 Best Scientific Presentation Award Commission Translation Research of the AGO
Memberships and Duties
since 2007 AGO Commission Breast
2017 S3 Guideline Breast Cancer